The Department Head of IB Coordination is Ms. Laurel Usher email@example.com
What is the IB Program?
The International Baccalaureate Program is a two year course
of study that positions you well for success at university
in Alberta or anywhere in the world. Students in grade 10
complete a "McNally pre-IB" year before entering into the program in
grades 11 and 12.
Why IB at McNally?
• Full Diploma IB students can receive early final admission
into the University of Alberta faculty of their choice in
February of their grade 12 year based on IB predicted grades
• Full and partial IB students can receive advanced placement or university credit, dependent on their marks in
• McNally is one of the oldest, most well established IB schools in Alberta (started in 1984)
• McNally IB teachers are experienced, award-winning professionals whose skills are respected world-wide
• Scholarship opportunities
McNally students write the second largest number of IB exams in the district
An average of 75% in grade 9 core courses plus the motivation and drive to become part of an internationally minded learning community.
McNally Higher Level Courses
McNally Standard Level Courses
Mathematics SL (calculus)
French Ab Initio (beginners)
Spanish Ab Initio (beginners)
Mandarin Ab Initio (beginners)
Full diploma students must take six subjects (3 Higher Level and 3 Standard Level) including: English, a second
language, history, an experimental science, mathematics plus one more subject which can be either one of the fine
arts, another experimental science, computer science or another second language.
Students who do not wish to take the Full Diploma Program may take a partial program
suited to their special interests and work toward a certificate in one or more subjects.
For more information about the International Baccalaureate Program follow this link to the IBO website: www.ibo.org/